Balaam's Ass (faith, culture, politics)

I believe the church has lost its prophetic voice by choosing sides with the powers of the world. They have become like Balaam. I am hoping to be his donkey by helping them see the error of their ways before it is too late. So, yes I am the Ass. When you read the posts you may well agree. a little light reading regularly included

Friday, October 21, 2005

Bill Simmons on the Astro's Stomach Punch

Bill Simmons thinks the Astros cannot come back after the Level 2 Stomach Punch Albert Pujols delivered. I sure hope he is correct, but I cannot be sure. However, the best part of his column was his denuniciation of Minute Maid Park and its ridiculous center field hill and short fence. After seeing more baseball games in that park than any other park, I cannot agree more.

While a beautiful setting with nice scenery, the setting is not made for MLB. I hate the hill. I hate the short field. I hate the train. I hate the city and the state. I hate the expensive beer in plastic bottles. I hate the Astros. And I really hate the roof (I would not mind the roof, if they would use it only in rain and 90+ degree weather- like they said they would). It is a sin to close a roof when the temperature is 70- that alone should disallow them from winning! Death to baseball teams less than 75 years old.Anyway, here is a bit of Simmons.

I had trouble taking the Astros-Cards series seriously because of Minute Maid
Park -- between the 300-foot homers to left field (like Lance Berkman's
ridiculous homer Monday night, which almost seemed like a check swing) and the
hill in center, it's just a little too gimmicky for my liking. For instance, one
of the key plays in Game 4 was Tavarez's climbing that hill for an
inning-savingcatch in the eighth. Sure, it was fun to watch -- but wasn't that
the equivalent of Tiger making a key putt on 16 in the Masters, only if there
was a windmill in front of the hole (like a miniature golf course)? Would that
ever happen? Ididn't watch enough of this series, but I heard a rumor that they
put a temporary alligator pit in right field for Game 3. Was that true?

8 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger subm_093 said...

I'm new and just trying to make some friends. I have a ##how to make money## site. It pretty much covers ##how to money## related stuff.
You may find something which interests you.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Melanie Alamo said...

After Judy
Here in mediaworld, we're all quite cross at the New York Times and its former star reporter, Judith Miller.
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger joemartinez5718 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger lennymartinez4837 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger y814ceau said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger cgw226ee said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger lk6izg85igao said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Patrick Harrel said...

HAHAHAHAA YOU BUTTMAD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home