- still hate houston
- still hate the astriods'
- still think houston fans are among the least knowledgable in baseball*
- still think minute maid field should be imploded
- still think that I could hit a home run to left field
- still want an astriods center fielder to get a concussion from hitting the flagpole (and sprain his ankle on the hill)
- still think instant replay is needed in baseball (especially the playoffs)
- still think those umps suck
- still think fox should not be allowed the opportunity to continue to ruin our national pasttime with its "baseball for dummies" coverage (how can people trust the political coverage of a network which blows sports this bad)
- Pujols home run in game 5 makes the sting less painful
- still smiling that the 'striods could not win it in front of their fans and game 5 sucked so bad for them
- still think Pujols is far-and-away the best player in baseball and will 1 day be considered among the best EVER (sorry A-Rod, you could be but haven't the Je?ne?sais?quoi)
still think a "bad" Pujols season beats a career year by jones, lee, cabrera, delgado, berkman or abreau
- still think I would rather not even make the WS if the 2nd curse in 2 years is broken
- still hate "playoff beards"
- still love all of the jealousy fans of other teams have towards the natural superiority of the Cardinals and their devoted, smart, loyal fans
- still love my Cardinals more than anything non-animal or person
GO WHITE SOX
* my favorites comments on Astroids fans are from the comments on Gentry's blog.
" actually had to sit and listen to an astros fan last year while on my baseball trip talk to his wife and buddy about how they use "pinch hitters" in the american league so
it isn't as good as the national league where the pitchers hit. morons. every.
single. one. "
also, the 'roids fans come out of the wood work don't they? I got calls and emails from friends who know little about our national pasttime (they just happened to have connection to that miserable excuse for a city- YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE). A Cardinals' fan would not bother with a 'roids fan upon beating them. I guess the weak are gaining strength.